Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great gift to give for the holidays. Can be used for fish or poultry. NOTE: This recipe will make alittle over 1 pint jar. Extras could be used for your own use, if making for gifts.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and blend well.
- Place in a pint jar and seal.
- Attach a gift tag with the following instructions:.
- Lightly beat 2 eggs in shallow dish. Dip seafoods or poultry in egg mixture and shake off excess. Dredge in cornmeal mixture. Pan fry in oil until done depending on meat used.
- NOTE: you can also add other spices to your own taste depending on meat used.