Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Healthy and bursting with flavor, this nicely seasoned fish fillet makes for a simple and satisfying dinner.
- 1 lb cod fish fillet (haddock, sea bass, and orange roughy also work well)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
Seasoning Mix (use 1 tsp)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill weed (rub between fingers to waken flavor)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (rub between fingers to waken flavor)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley (rub between fingers to waken flavor)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme (rub between fingers to waken flavor)
- Begin by mixing together the seasoning ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Wash fish; pat dry with paper towels. Place in casserole dish and drizzle with oil and seasoning mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until fish flakes with fork.
- Cut into 4 pieces; sprinkle with lemon zest just before serving.
- Steamed rice and a garden salad will make this meal complete.
- COOK'S TIP: Be sure to check the fish often to ensure that it doesn't overcook.
This seasoning blend is fantastic! I have found my favorite for cod.