Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just threw this together the other night. It was very good, the Creole seasoning really gives it a kick! This is great with my recipe, Grandma's Rice. Prep time does not include the time to let the chicken marinate.
- 1 lb chicken tenders or 1 lb chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning (I use Emeril's Essence... the recipe is available here)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth (I use boullion added to water)
- Coat the chicken with the seasoning, and let sit in the refridgerator for at least an hour.
- After marinating, brown the chicken in olive oil in a large pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the soups with the chicken broth, stir until smooth.
- Add the soup mixture to the pan, mix well.
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with the soup gravy.
Very good, no-fuss dinner. I accidentally grabbed Cajun seasoning from my cupboard instead of Creole, but it worked fine. I also added in sliced fresh mushrooms and onions to the gravy. This made a great "comfort food" dinner with mashed potatoes and steamed mixed veggies. Thanks for posting!