Recipe by MechanicalJen
Delightfully simple, filling, and guilt-free main dish. A step up from plain, boring chicken breast without having to do anything extravagant.
Top Review by ChrissyVas80
I love fast, simple and tastey and this was just perfect for me. I served this up with some salsa and recipe#277993 The only thing different that I did was add a bit more garlic and served over spanish rice. There was a party going on in my mouth that's for sure! Thanks for sharing.
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 15 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chicken, shredded
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Saute green onions and garlic for 1 minute.
- Whisk broth and flour together in medium bowl, add mixture to skillet.
- Add frozen vegetables, beans, chicken, rosemary, thyme and red pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for 6 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.