Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
adapted from a Mrs Dash recipe. Cook time includes time to cook the pasta.
- 3 ounces fettuccine pasta, uncooked weight
- 2 tablespoons mrs dash garlic and herb seasoning, divided (to taste)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh herb, to garnish (such as parsley or basil)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well (try to time this to finish cooking just before the chicken is ready to get sliced).
- Toss pasta with 1 1/2 tsp of the oil and 1 Tbsp of the Mrs Dash blend (if you like, you may add a touch more oil).
- Meanwhile, set remaining Mrs Dash blend into a small dish and the beaten egg into another.
- Dip chicken breasts first into the egg wash, then sprinkle evenly on both sides with the Mrs Dash to coat.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken for a few minutes on each side to brown each side, then reduce heat to medium and cover with lid; cook until chicken is fully cooked, about 5-10 minutes more (time will vary with the size of your chicken pieces).
- Remove chicken to a covered plate to keep warm.
- Add mustard and lemon juice to the pan juices and cook about a minute or so to make a thin sauce.
- Slice each chicken breast thinly and place atop the seasoned pasta, then pour the sauce over all.
- Garnish, if desired with some fresh herbs.
I cooked this last Sunday-06/13/04. It was delicious, even my husband liked it. He is the typical meat and potatoes man, and does not care for fettucine. But he did this time. I am a very plain cook. This recipe made me feel like a gourmet cook. The taste, the ease of cooking it, the presentation was the best. This is definetly in my own recipe file with the HIGHEST rating. Regards-JED