Recipe by Cyril
This is a healthy way to add a little flavor to chicken without all the fat, and just a little salt. You can substitute or add any vegetable that sautes well if you don't like onions, but the mushrooms are a must. Pairs well with steamed veggies and/or rice. You could add a little cornstarch slurry while the liquid reduces to help thicken the sauce, but I like to keep it on the light side. Using a lid on the non-stick skillet is a key step to the recipe. It keeps the Chicken from drying out.
Top Review by Chef Curt
This was very tasty. I just found out I'm mildly diabetic and now I have to watch my sugars, so was looking for something without bread or grains in it. I added some chopped bacon and spinach to mine, and it came out great.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mrs.dash garlic and herb seasoning (or your favorite flavor)
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 of a medium sized onion (cut into 1/2 inch strips)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Tenderize and pound out the chicken to an even thickness
- Brush both sides of chicken with olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with Mrs. Dash.
- To a heated non-stick skillet over medium heat add the seasoned chicken to one side, and the Mushrooms and onions to the other.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn Chicken over, cover with lid and cook for another 5 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- To the mushrooms and onions add the water, wine, salt, and pepper.
- Keep uncovered and reduce liquid/mushroom mixture over high heat until it thickens.
- Serve mushrooms and onions over chicken and enjoy.