Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My heart-healthier & vegetarian version of #113180
- 2.46 ml fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 29.58 ml vegetarian chicken flavored broth mix
- 2.46 ml dried parsley flakes
- 4.92 ml onion flakes
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 3.69 ml ground turmeric
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 591.47 ml water
- 236.59 ml brown rice
- 78.07 ml wild rice
- 14.79 ml soy margarine
- In small bowl, blend all seasoning ingredients. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add margarine, brown rice & wild rice, and reduce heat. Cover & simmer 30 minutes.
- Water should be about half absorbed and brown rice beginning to soften.
- Stir in seasoning mix. Simmer additional 20-30 minutes.
- Let sit, still covered, 10 minutes.
- Mix in fresh parsley and fluff with fork before serving.
Delicious! Cooking times were right on. I used Lundberg's Brown and Wild Rice blend. Seasonings were perfect. I think fresh cilantro instead of parsley would be good also! Thanks for this keeper!
This was great! Like another reviewer I used Lundberg's Brown and Wild Rice blend. Used chicken broth in place of the water but followed otherwise. Really good!
Loved this and it was so easy to make. So much healthier and cheaper than store bought. I substituted fresh garlic for powdered (personal preference). I put chopped onions, black beans, fresh cucumber, a little cilantro, and some salsa in bowls on the table. I served the rice in soup bowls and everyone just dived in. PS: My children prefer white rice to the healthier brown, but they didn't know they were eating brown rice and they really liked it.