Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My heart-healthier & vegetarian version of #113180
Make and share this Seasoned Brown & Wild Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2.46 ml fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 29.58 ml vegetarian chicken flavored broth mix
- 2.46 ml dried parsley flakes
- 4.92 ml onion flakes
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 3.69 ml ground turmeric
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 591.47 ml water
- 236.59 ml brown rice
- 78.07 ml wild rice
- 14.79 ml soy margarine
- In small bowl, blend all seasoning ingredients. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add margarine, brown rice & wild rice, and reduce heat. Cover & simmer 30 minutes.
- Water should be about half absorbed and brown rice beginning to soften.
- Stir in seasoning mix. Simmer additional 20-30 minutes.
- Let sit, still covered, 10 minutes.
- Mix in fresh parsley and fluff with fork before serving.
Delicious! Cooking times were right on. I used Lundberg's Brown and Wild Rice blend. Seasonings were perfect. I think fresh cilantro instead of parsley would be good also! Thanks for this keeper!
This was great! Like another reviewer I used Lundberg's Brown and Wild Rice blend. Used chicken broth in place of the water but followed otherwise. Really good!