- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian chicken flavored broth mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1⁄3 cup wild rice
- 1 tablespoon soy margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, blend all seasoning ingredients. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add margarine, brown rice & wild rice, and reduce heat. Cover & simmer 30 minutes.
- Water should be about half absorbed and brown rice beginning to soften.
- Stir in seasoning mix. Simmer additional 20-30 minutes.
- Let sit, still covered, 10 minutes.
- Mix in fresh parsley and fluff with fork before serving.