1/1 Photo of Seasoned Brown & Wild Rice
1 hr 5 mins
Mims & Squims's Note:
My heart-healthier & vegetarian version of #113180
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian chicken flavored broth mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1In small bowl, blend all seasoning ingredients. Set aside.
- 2In medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- 3Add margarine, brown rice & wild rice, and reduce heat. Cover & simmer 30 minutes.
- 4Water should be about half absorbed and brown rice beginning to soften.
- 5Stir in seasoning mix. Simmer additional 20-30 minutes.
- 6Let sit, still covered, 10 minutes.
- 7Mix in fresh parsley and fluff with fork before serving.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seasoned Brown & Wild Rice
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.4
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 337.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian chicken flavored broth mix