Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is our all-purpose recipe for breadcrumbs. We have used these to coat chicken and pork chops. We also use them in any savory recipe that calls for breadcrumbs. My fiance and I work this recipe together. I gather the spices and he operates the hand processor.
- 473.18 ml dry breadcrumbs (about 4 slices of bread)
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 0.59 ml cayenne
- 0.59 ml sage
- 0.25 ml onion powder
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 0.25 ml garlic
- Pulse the bread in a food processor until they are crumbs.
- Add in the spices and either mix by hand or give another pulse in the processor.
- Notes: We use a hand processor and stop when we get to coarse crumbs.
- We add the spices straight to the processor and get the crumbs down to a slightly less coarse grind. We still don't go down to a fine grind though.
- We have found that when coating chicken or pork chops that the coarser grind makes for a really neat crunch.
This worked out wonderful! I used to buy the Italian breadcrumbs but I like this one better. I like the cayenne added to it.
I used it as a topping for mac and cheese. Very flavorful!
AMAZING!! I love the cayenne in this! Very quick to make & gives an awesome taste. Will use this from now on. Thank you for posting!!