Recipe by Saturn
This is our all-purpose recipe for breadcrumbs. We have used these to coat chicken and pork chops. We also use them in any savory recipe that calls for breadcrumbs. My fiance and I work this recipe together. I gather the spices and he operates the hand processor.
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs (about 4 slices of bread)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sage
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse the bread in a food processor until they are crumbs.
- Add in the spices and either mix by hand or give another pulse in the processor.
- Notes: We use a hand processor and stop when we get to coarse crumbs.
- We add the spices straight to the processor and get the crumbs down to a slightly less coarse grind. We still don't go down to a fine grind though.
- We have found that when coating chicken or pork chops that the coarser grind makes for a really neat crunch.