Recipe by PaulaG
When your recipe calls for breadcrumbs this is the perfect solution. It also makes a great filler for salmon loaf as well as breading for chicen and fish. This recipe is in my all time favorite cookbook Make-A-Mix Cookery.
- 2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs (4 slices bread)
- 1⁄3 cup instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until blended.
- Place mix in a 1-quart container with tight fighting lid.
- Label and store in a cool, dry place.
- Use within 6 months.
- Please note: In order to"dry" the bread, I cut it into 1 inch cubes, place it in the oven at 325 degrees until toasted.