1/1 Photo of Seasoned Black-Eyed Peas
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is from "My Cooking" West-African Cookbook by Dokpe Lillian Ogunsanya. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil black-eyed peas in plenty of water on high heat for 15 minutes.
- 2Salt to taste.
- 3Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 45 minutes, until peas are tender.
- 4In a large skillet or saute pan, saute onion for 3 minutes, and add tomatoes, green pepper, curry and salt.
- 5Cook 8 minutes and add drained, cooked, black-eyed peas.
- 6Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- 7Serve hot. This dish is typically served with Dodo (fried plantain).
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seasoned Black-Eyed Peas
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.3
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 275.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.1 g