Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the Comfort Food Diet cookbook of Taste of Home. This recipe was a real hit with DH. He ate 2 potatoes and a half from this recipe. He went 3 times to take another piece. LOL
- 4 medium baking potatoes (I used red)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt (I sprinkled salt and onion powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Scrub potatoes and cut in half lengthwise; place cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush with oil.
- Sprinkle with basil, onion salt and garlic powder.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender.
Absolutely wonderful! I used Yukon Golds, and used onion powder and sea salt, as well as a good grind of black pepper. Crisp on the outside, light and creamy on the inside, and completely delicious throughout! Thanks for posting!
I love this unique way of making a baked potato! I made this exactly as posted, except I used onion powder, then added salt and pepper. I used russet baking potatoes. I will definitely try this again, playing around with the seasonings. Thanks for sharing.
Wonderfully flavorful potatoes, these! Instead of the onion salt, I too used a little onion powder, then a pinch of salt along with a bit of lemon pepper (along with the other indicated ingredients, of course)! Easy as could be to prepare, & great eating! [Made & reviewed in the current ADOPT A TAG event]