Recipe by Graciebonica
I've had this recipe forever; it was an instant hit the first time I made it, and now my daughter makes it for her family. If you are not a salmon fan, I imagine you could substitute tuna----but it is so tasty with the salmon, I've never had to alter it.It is great for picnics or family gatherings.
Top Review by Leslie in Texas
With daytime temperatures of 94 and a heat index of 104, I decided last night was a perfect time to try this recipe ! I made it as directed, except for the eggs, which I quartered and served with the salad and I added a couple of splashes of Frank's Red Hot sauce to the mixture. It was delicious - DH said several times how good it was and went back for seconds ! This is a definite keeper!
- 2 cups uncooked shell pasta (small)
- 1⁄4 cup French dressing (Catalina is best)
- 7 -8 ounces canned salmon
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup chopped green onion (your preference)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain.
- Add Catalina dressing while still hot and toss. Chill.
- Drain and flake salmon.
- Add flaked salmon, celery, relish, eggs, green onion, parsley, seasonings and mayonnaise to macaroni. Toss all together lightly.
- Chill at least 2 hours to marry the flavors.
- Serve as a side dish or on lettuce leaves with sliced tomatoes and cucumbers as a meal.