Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
We've been eating this salad over 25 years. It's best if you make it ahead of time and let it chill well before eating. A fine summertime meal.
- 1 (8 ounce) package small shell pasta
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tuna, drained & flaked
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery (diagonally)
- 1 green pepper, seeded & cut in thin,short strips
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, adding a little vegetable oil to keep separated; drain and chill.
- Mix with tuna, egg, onion, celery, green pepper and olives.
- With a whisk or fork, beat together dressing ingredients; toss with macaroni-tuna mixture.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Garnish with salad greens.
KarenT, this is a wonderful make-ahead salad especially when cooking for a crowd for a potluck dinner. I made this the night before. I made two batches...one exactly as you posted and the second batch, I substituted small shrimp for the tuna. This is very easy and one that is sure to please everyone. Thank you so much.
Cut this in half and used fake crab (which I shredded somewhat) and served over some chopped lettuce. DH really enjoyed the salad and especially the dressing. This will be a regular in our house especially during the hot summer days. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
What an easy dish to make ahead of time. I used chicken (DH won't eat tuna). Everyone enjoyed. Thanks for sharing Karen.