Recipe by KarenT
We've been eating this salad over 25 years. It's best if you make it ahead of time and let it chill well before eating. A fine summertime meal.
Top Review by Merlot
KarenT, this is a wonderful make-ahead salad especially when cooking for a crowd for a potluck dinner. I made this the night before. I made two batches...one exactly as you posted and the second batch, I substituted small shrimp for the tuna. This is very easy and one that is sure to please everyone. Thank you so much.
- 1 (8 ounce) package small shell pasta
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tuna, drained & flaked
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery (diagonally)
- 1 green pepper, seeded & cut in thin,short strips
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, adding a little vegetable oil to keep separated; drain and chill.
- Mix with tuna, egg, onion, celery, green pepper and olives.
- With a whisk or fork, beat together dressing ingredients; toss with macaroni-tuna mixture.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Garnish with salad greens.