Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This came from an old newpaper clipping - it's a yummy summery meal-in-a-bowl salad!
- 1 (8 ounce) package macaroni (small shells or elbows)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 3 tablespoons French dressing
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions; drain, rinse with cold water, and drain well.
- Toss macaroni with oil and lemon juice. Add celery, green pepper, and onions.
- Make dressing by combining yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, hot pepper sauce, and parsley. Toss with chilled macaroni. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cook broccoli until tender-crisp; drain and cool.
- Put shrimp and broccoli in a bowl and toss with French dressing. Cover and chill.
- About 1/2 hour before serving, add broccoli/shrimp mixture to macaroni and toss lightly. Chill until ready to serve.
I made it as written, except I forgot the frozen broccoli, so I added frozen peas, that I did not cook, but thawed. My family enjoyed this salad, but my husband did ask for me to make it again with the broccoli.
We really enjoyed this recipe...had it for dinner on a hot day...it was perfect...hubby added some Johnny's seasoning salt to his...I didn't have green onion so used some red onion instead...also I used fresh broccoli...I cut the recipe in half and had plenty for 3 of us with hubby having seconds...it's a keeper...thanks for posting it...=)
Made for ZWT-8 & using Icelandic baby shrimp, I halved this recipe for 2 of us & made it as written except for 1 chg. Are you ready? Your "Seaside Pasta Salad" became my "Seaside Salad" when I ditched the pasta! I wanted a veggie-rich salad (less of a main-dish) to serve w/Herbed Trout With Lemon Butter by Annacia & they worked very well together - a salad full of veggies & a seafood combo we both loved. The "salad" was great, loof, & easily stood tall w/o its pasta. We loved it! Thx for sharing the recipe w/us & for letting me re-purpose your "pasta" salad. :-)