Recipe by Steve P.
A simple and easy to prepare salad. It's both tasty and colorful.
Top Review by Susie D
I made a small batch of this salad. I used red onion, but otherwise made no changes. I thought the dressing was well balanced & complimented the salad. The presentation was pretty, but my avocado darked during the long chill time. Some lemon juice or cutting it right before serving would be better. Next time I would probably stir in the cheese and avocado, as well as possibly adding some other veggies. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
- 1 (1 lb) box small shell pasta
- 1 lb small baby shrimp, precooked
- 2 teaspoons tarragon, dried
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 avocados
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese, shredded
- 15 ounces mayonnaise (1/2 jar, 30 ounce jar)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta per directions on box until cooked. Don't over cook as you don't want the shells too soft. Drain and rinse under cold water until pasta is no longer hot. Transfer pasta to a large salad bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar, and apple cider vinegar, and stir until well combined.
- Fold in the shrimp and diced onion.
- Add the tarragon, salt and pepper. Stir all until well combined. Adjust salt and pepper if needed. If it's not tangy enough to your personal taste, you can add a bit more vinegar if you like.
- Sprinkle the top of the salad evenly with the shredded cheddar cheese. Cut the avocados in thin wedges, and place atop the salad in a circle, like bicycle spokes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill several hours or overnight. Note that prep time includes chill time.