4 hrs 20 mins
A simple and easy to prepare salad. It's both tasty and colorful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) box small shell pasta
- 1 lb small baby shrimp, precooked
- 2 teaspoons tarragon, dried
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 avocados
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese, shredded
- 15 ounces mayonnaise (1/2 jar, 30 ounce jar)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Boil pasta per directions on box until cooked. Don't over cook as you don't want the shells too soft. Drain and rinse under cold water until pasta is no longer hot. Transfer pasta to a large salad bowl.
- 2Add mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar, and apple cider vinegar, and stir until well combined.
- 3Fold in the shrimp and diced onion.
- 4Add the tarragon, salt and pepper. Stir all until well combined. Adjust salt and pepper if needed. If it's not tangy enough to your personal taste, you can add a bit more vinegar if you like.
- 5Sprinkle the top of the salad evenly with the shredded cheddar cheese. Cut the avocados in thin wedges, and place atop the salad in a circle, like bicycle spokes.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and chill several hours or overnight. Note that prep time includes chill time.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seaside Cottage Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.6
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 102.2 mg
- Sodium 490.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 19.7 g