Feel free to use all oyster or all clam in this chower. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups red potatoes, 1/2in cubes
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can oysters, drained, rinsed
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can clams, drained, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons basil leaves
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1in 3-qt saucepan cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes, add potatoes, onions and celery, continue cooking stirring often until potatoes are tender about 15 to 20 minutes. remove from pan and set aside.
- 2in same pan melt butter, stir in flour until smooth and bubbly.
- 3add potato mixture and remaining ingredients except parsley.
- 4cook over medium heat, stirring often for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5stir in parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seashore Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.0
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 115.4 mg
- Sodium 537.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 23.6 g