Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
For my safe keeper!
- 1⁄4 lb ground lean pork
- 2 ounces shrimp, minced
- 2 water chestnuts, very finely chopped
- 4 green onions, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 6 green onions, white part only, thinly sliced
- Combine pork, shrimp, water chestnuts, green onions, soy sauce and sherry, let stand 30 minutes.
- Place 1/2 tsp of filling slightly off center of each wrapper.
- Fold wrapper in half and press the edges together to seal them.
- Again, fold the wrapper in half, pull corners down into a crescent shape, overlapping the corners.
- Seal the overlap with a little beaten egg.
- Drop the wontons one by one into boiling salted water and simmer 7 minutes, making sure they do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Drain the wontons.
- Bring chicken stock to a boil and add wontons and green onions until heated thru.
- Serve right away.
We loved this soup! I doubled the wontons in it and I am glad I did...This was a real hit and darn easy to make! Made for PAC 2011 fall