Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Fettuccine makes the crust, and someone else makes the meatballs and sauce. This pie couldn't get any easier!
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated fettuccine
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 cup Italian cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄4 cups spaghetti sauce, your favorite
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen italian style meatballs or 1 (16 ounce) packageany meatballs, thawed
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- chopped fresh parsley, if desired (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Spray 9" pie plate with cooking spray.
- Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- Beat egg and butter in large bowl with fork or wire whisk.
- Stir in fettuccine and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Spoon mixture into pie plate.
- Press evenly on bottom and up side of pie plate using back of wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Toss spaghetti sauce, meatballs and bell pepper in large bowl.
- Spoon meatball mixture into fettuccine crust.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
This was good but a bit bland. The refrigerated fettuccine really soaks up the sauce. I did add 2 cups of sauce but would add more next time. The refrigerated fettuccine also didn't stick together real well as a crust. I would also add some garlic to the crust next time to give it some flavor. Hubby also thought the meatballs should have been cut in half. It was good and we liked it but think it needs some changes to make it better.