Recipe by seashells63
The first time I tried this, it is AWESOME, so easy to put together, very tender and juicy. You won't find any easier or better tasting beef roast recipe than anywhere.
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs roast beef, any roast of choice is fine
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Put roast in roasting pan.
- Put one cup water in pan.
- Mix lipton onion soup mix, mix with 1/2 cup water with garlic powder and black pepper, mix well.
- Pour on top roast.
- Cover with alum. foil, wrap over only, press on tightly.
- Put in oven, no lid on, bake one hour at 450 F.
- Turn temp down to 350 F one more hour or until fork tender.
- Remove meat on to platter, cover with alum. foil still.
- Let it rest for half an hour before cutting into, that way the meat retains its juice!
- Gravy: Place roasting pan on stove top, bring drippings to gentle boil.
- Mix 1/3 cup flour with 2 cups water, mix well.
- Pour in the dripping slowly, keep stirring, until brings to boil and thickens, one minute.