Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
QUICK,EASY, FLAVORFUL and AWESOME! I gets raves, requesting this recipe everytime once after they tried it. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal with a warm roll on cold days. You can use shrimps, scallops or without for clams.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped very finely
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 (5 ounce) packagebetty crocker au gratin potatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, if desired (clam juice has some salt in it)
- 1 cup green giant niblets frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk (or 1 1/4 cups half and half with 1 1/4 cups chicken broth)
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams, undrained
- In medium skillet, saute celery, onion and garlic until light brown and tender.
- In 3 quart saucepan, heat water, potatoes and salt to boiling, 5 mins, drain.
- Add celery, onion, garlic and remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
Great, did not have any celery so used a can of cream of celery soup, also used bacon and cheddar potatoes. Thanks for the easy recipe.
OH MY GOSH! THIS IS REVOLUTIONARY! So easy and full of flavor. I did saute the vegies in bacon fat and add thyme and a pinch of red pepper. Also used one small can chicken gravy instead of stock. Next time I'm going to use ham instead of clams. This is a great base that can take the leftovers in your fridge...anywhere.