Recipe by seashells63
For my recipe keeper and to be safe in here in case I LOSES IT!. My hubby's all time fave.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or 1 cup butter flavored cracker, crumb fine
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- hot cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef, bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
- Press into a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Combine 1 cup tomato sauce, water, mustard, vinegar and brown sugar; blend well.
- Pour half of sauce over loaf.
- Bake at 350 F for one hour.
- Unmold loaf and place on noodles.
- Heat remaining sauce and spoon over meat loaf.
- Garnish with parsley.