Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
One of my family's all time favorite for years.
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) packagesknorr's chicken noodle soup mix (Lipton is great too)
- 6 -8 celery hearts, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 liter chicken broth (4 1/4 cups)
- 4 skinless chicken drumsticks, bone removed and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb lean hamburger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Place soup mix in big pot.
- Add broth, celery, onion and chicken, stir gentle.
- Fill water to almost 3/4 of pot, bring to boil.
- Turn low and simmer for one hour.
- Place hamburger in medium bowl add salt and pepper, mix
- Make 3/4" meatballs.
- Add to soup and simmer 1/2 hour more.
- Add spices to your taste.