Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is very flavorful, my hubby loves it. He went back for thirds! Quick and easy to fix, ready in 30 minutes!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, any kind
- 1 (11 ounce) cangreen giant mexicorn whole mexicorn whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canold el pasco chopped green chilies, undrained
- 0.5 (7 ounce) packagebetty crocker instant mashed potatoes with bacon and cheddar, 1 pouch
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup corn chips
- Cook ground beef and 1/4 cup of the onions in 10 inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown, drain well.
- Stir in bbq sauce, 3/4 cup of the corn and the chilies.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes as directed on package for 4 servings, using 1 pouch Potatoes and Seasoning, hot water, milk and butter.
- Stir in remaining onions and corn; let stand 5 minutes.
- Spoon potatoes onto center of beef mixture, leaving 2 1/2 to 3 inches rim around edge of skillet.
- Sprinkle cheese over potatoes and beef mixture.
- Cover and let stand about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle corn chips around edge of skillet.