Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is yet another recipe from a regional magazine that my family enjoyed. I especially like it served with crackers and fresh fruit. If you would like, you can substitute diced ham for the shrimp.
- 8 ounces shell pasta
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 8 ounces small shrimp, cooked and cooled
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 6 ounces frozen green peas
- salt and pepper
- lettuce leaf, for garnish
- Cook macaroni al dente and drain well.
- Prepare ranch dressing according to directions on package.
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to let the flavors combine.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.
We liked the salad ok just did not care for the Ranch dressing. DH did not like the addition of cucumber. If I make it again I think I would tweak it with a mayo based dressing and some celery instead of the cucumber.
I was a bit short on sea shell pasta so I used what I had and made up the difference with radiatori. Baby salad shrimp was used for the shrimp which I doubled and used my Buttermilk and Onion Salad Dressing Mix #89367 instead of the ranch. The salad was served over torn romaine for a wonderful cool dinner.
This was quite good. I agree that it takes a few bites to get used to the ranch flavor, but the more I ate, the better I like it. Plus it made a very pretty presentation.