Recipe by loriyeargan
This is a dish my mom made alot when we were growing up. I recently started making it for my husband and he LOVES it; even my 18-month old daughter cleans her plate when I make it.
Top Review by Trish Liechty
We were not fans of this recipe. I didn't like the mushroom soup in it and the tomato sauce did not have any seasoning. I doctored it up by adding some Ragu and mozarella cheese. By the time I was done, I should have just browned beef, poured on Ragu, sprinkled with moz and baked.
- 16 ounces shell pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- (I have a 4 quart casserole dish I use for this.) In a large skillet, brown together ground beef and onion; drain grease and return to pan.
- Add tomato sauce, mushroom soup, 1/2 cup of the cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Simmer uncovered.
- While meat mixture is simmering, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Combine the pasta and the meat mixture together in the casserole dish; mix well.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.