Recipe by Arimaeis
A quick and very tasty way to prepare sushi grade yellow fin tuna.
Top Review by ytreece
This was simple and delicious as written. I seared for about 10 sec each side and used the tongs laid across the three steaks to hold the tuna on its sides. Next time I make this I think I will add grated ginger, sesame oil, and garlic to the soy sauce, and possibly brown sugar or mirin, but it might burn at that temp. I think a creamy wasabi sauce drizzled over it would be good too. Maybe wasabi with garlic, salt and heavy cream or thin sour cream. The presentation of this dish was really pretty.
- 1 lb yellow fin tuna
- 6 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tuna steak in half.
- Pour soy sauce into shallow container and place tuna into soy sauce for 10 minutes. Flip pieces over and allow to sit in soy sauce for another 10 minutes.
- Pour both types of sesame seed into a small plate and coat tuna on all sides by pressing the tuna into the seeds.
- Put olive oil into pan and heat until it reaches smoking point.
- Sear tuna on all sides for five seconds. Seeds are very likely to pop from the heat.
- Pull tuna from pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice thinly and serve.