Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
good for small dinner parties
Make and share this Seared Wild Salmon in Saffron Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- salt and pepper salmon
- Heat up saute pan to med high heat
- Note make sure to use pan with no melting attachments
- pre heat oven 400°F.
- add oil to pan
- then place fish sear till 1/4 of the side is cooked
- flip over and place in the over 6 min
- for the sauce
- in a small sauce pot add wine, shallots bay leaf and pinch of saffron
- Reduce till almost dry discard bay leaf
- add heavy cream, stir and reduce til slightly thick
- salt and pepper to taste.
I stumbled upon this gem of a recipe last night and made it for dinner and am so glad that I did! Both DH and I loved it! It was very easy to prepare, and the saffron cream sauce over the fish was so delicious! I tripled the recipe ingredients to account for 1 lb of salmon. This is a keeper that I will be making again and I definitely consider it company worthy. Thank you for posting!