Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tuna and tomatoes are amazing and basil tops it all off!!
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tuna (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 onion (chopped about 1 cup)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 sprigs fresh basil (chopped coarsely)
- In a 12 inch skillet, heat 1/1/2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat.
- Season tuna generously with salt and pepper.
- Arrange half of tuna in a skillet in a single layer to prevent crowding.cook, turning once until golden brown on top and bottom, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side, 3 minutes total.
- Do not over cook.
- Tuna should be slightly pink inside.
- Transfer to a platter.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Add more oil to skillet and cook a second batch.
- Wipe out bottom of skillet.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and the onion.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until onion is golden brown and soft, 4 to 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and wine, and simmer, stirring often, until the tomato skins start to wrinkle, about 2 minutes.
- Cook at a bare simmer until the sauce starts to thicken slightly, about 5 minutes more.
- Add basil to the skillet, and cook, stirring, until wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon hot sauce over tuna before serving.