Great combination of flavors and super easy from Rachel Ray. The recipe posted is her recipe, however, I use half the soy sauce and half the vinegar and half the sugar.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 8 fresh cilantro stems (leaves only finely chopped)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 (6 ounce) fresh tuna fillets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 avocados, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Add the chopped tomato, cilantro and onion.
- Season the tuna very well with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and add the vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, sear the tuna for 30 seconds on each side. Remove from heat and slice the tuna into 1/4-inch slices. This should be rare to medium rare.
- To serve, neatly arrange the tuna slices and avocado slices on a plate and drizzle the sauce over the tuna.