Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
A light appetizer, that goes great with Cabernet or other red wine. Best with used with FRESH tuna.
Make and share this Seared Tuna With Guacamole and Basil recipe from Food.com.
- Drizzle tuna with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a very hot pan, sear tuna for 1 minute on each side (for rare).
- For Sauce: Cream 1 avocado to a smooth consistency, cut other avocado into 1/4-inch cubes, to add texture.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in avocado mixture.
- Slice tuna into bite-sized (2-inch) pieces, top with a spoonful of guacamole.
- Serve on toasted pitas.