Recipe by Meghan
A light appetizer, that goes great with Cabernet or other red wine. Best with used with FRESH tuna.
- 2 tuna steaks (1/2 lb each, 4 1/2 inch diameter)
- 2 avocados
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- fresh black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil
- toasted pita bread, cut in triangles
Directions See How It's Made
- Drizzle tuna with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a very hot pan, sear tuna for 1 minute on each side (for rare).
- For Sauce: Cream 1 avocado to a smooth consistency, cut other avocado into 1/4-inch cubes, to add texture.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in avocado mixture.
- Slice tuna into bite-sized (2-inch) pieces, top with a spoonful of guacamole.
- Serve on toasted pitas.