Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wow--just found this recipe on Epicurious, tried it and wanted to share it with my favorite cooking site, Recipezaar...This is great...simple marinade and great sauce...my husband isn't that crazy about fish, but he loved this and I'll be making this again and again...Enjoy!!!
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (or you can use all mayo)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped green onions, white & green parts
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste (or if you have the wasabi powder use that and add a little water to make your own paste)
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 32 ounces tuna steaks
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in small bowl, cover and refrigerate --
- Whisk teriyaki, soy, vinegar and I also added some grated ginger to make your marinade -- Marinate and refrigerate your tuna steaks for several hours -- Remove from fridge while the grill heats up. Brush grill and fish lightly with oil and salt & pepper. Grill tuna on high heat for 2 mins, turn over and grill 2 mins on high heat to sear, then lower temp and grill until desired doneness -- Serve with the yummy wasabi sauce!
I also found this recipe on Epicurious--but it differs a bit in that there is no ginger added in that recipe. I did add the ginger to mine, but as I am not so fond of it, I think I would omit it next time. I made the wasabi mayo with all mayo and some extra wasabi.
YUM! The wasabi-mayo goes great with tuna steaks! This recipe got rave reviews from my fiance. We love wasabi so I added another 2 tsp to the mayo then garnished with extra green onions when it was served. I made homemade mashed potatoes and next time I'm going to use this wasabi mayo to blend into them because we both discovered that tasted great! This recipe is a definite keeper.
This wasabi mayo is AMAZING!!!!! I used a little less mayo and little more sour cream as we're not huge fans of mayo. But again it was superb!!!!!! I cant wait to make it again!!!!!!