Recipe by Rita~
This tuna is seared and still raw insde so be sure to get sushi quality tuna. I myself like it that way!
Top Review by kelly.mctague_12693780
Very good! I used cilantro and the flavors were perfect. I normally do the Ahi Tuna with the wasabi butter which is still my favorite. I'm cooking that next week and wanted to do something different.
- 1 1⁄4 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons limes
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, size of a quarter and crushed
- 1 garlic clove, left whole and but crushed
- 2 -4 tablespoons wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves or 1 cup fresh parsley
- 6 (6 ounce) tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine wine, lime, onion, ginger and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer to reduce to about 2 tablespoons.
- Place reduced sauce in blender with the butter, soy and wasabi and blend till smooth and butter is melted.
- Place in a bowl.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Preheat grill high. It needs to be very hot!
- Mix olive oil and 1 tablespoon sauce together. Brush tuna steaks with the sauce and oil mixture.
- Grill for 90 seconds then turn and continue grilling for 90 seconds more.
- If you just want the tuna seared remove from grill now. Otherwise continue grilling for 1 minute on each side again.
- Serve tuna topped with the yummy sauce.