1/2 Photos of Seared Tuna in Wasabi Sauce
This tuna is seared and still raw insde so be sure to get sushi quality tuna. I myself like it that way!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons limes
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, size of a quarter and crushed
- 1 garlic clove, left whole and but crushed
- 2 -4 tablespoons wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves or 1 cup fresh parsley
- 6 (6 ounce) tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1Combine wine, lime, onion, ginger and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer to reduce to about 2 tablespoons.
- 2Place reduced sauce in blender with the butter, soy and wasabi and blend till smooth and butter is melted.
- 3Place in a bowl.
- 4Stir in cilantro.
- 5Preheat grill high. It needs to be very hot!
- 6Mix olive oil and 1 tablespoon sauce together. Brush tuna steaks with the sauce and oil mixture.
- 7Grill for 90 seconds then turn and continue grilling for 90 seconds more.
- 8If you just want the tuna seared remove from grill now. Otherwise continue grilling for 1 minute on each side again.
- 9Serve tuna topped with the yummy sauce.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seared Tuna in Wasabi Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.0
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 105.3 mg
- Sodium 240.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: