Recipe by Pyramidd
Very simple recipe to bring the best out of your ahi or albacore tuna steak in no time.
- 4 (6 ounce) tuna steaks (albacore or ahi)
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (natural tamari or shoyu)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- ===Asian BBQ Sauce.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Thaw tuna loin completely in refrigerator and let come to room temperature before cooking. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the fish and press it in with the hands.
- Heat 3 Tbl grapeseed oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Place the tuna in the hot oil and sear on each side to desired doneness. (Check the ends or slice through the middle to check doneness.).
- Remove the tuna loin to a heated platter and slice into 1/2 or 1-inch slices as desired.
- Serve with the sauce, accompanied with rice and sautéed greens.