Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Club of America.
Make and share this Seared Swordfish With Tomato-olive Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces swordfish steaks
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canroasted diced tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive, chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In ziptop bag, mix together lime juice, 1 tsp oil, 1/8 tsp pepper and salt. Add swordfish; turn to coat. Refrigerate while preparing tomato sauce.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, heat 2 tsp of the olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cumin; cook and stir 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and water; bring to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is simmering, remove swordfish from marinade; discard marinade. Heat remaining 1 tsp olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add swordfish; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until browned on one side. Place swordfish on baking sheet (sprayed with cooking spray), browned side up. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until swordfish is opaque in center.
- Stir remaining 1/8 tsp pepper and olives into sauce. Serve with swordfish.