Recipe by Dave Dallas
Tender cuts of red beef coated with salt, sugar, black pepper...AND...freshly ground coffee. The steaks are pan-seared and either oven finished or over a smoking hot grill! Served with a baked potato and salad...
- 1⁄2 cup freshly ground coffee
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 (14 -16 ounce) rib eye steaks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first four ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Season each steak with the coffee blend, evenly coating all sides and edges.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over high heat until just to the smoking point.
- Add as many steaks to the pan as will fit without overcrowding and sear well, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the steaks to a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining steaks.
- Place the steaks in the oven and cook for 5 to 10 minutes for medium rare.
- Let stand for at least 5 minutes before serving or finish on the grill.