1/3 Photos of Seared Steak Salad With Edamame & Cilantro (With Variations)
Look for prewashed packages of Asian-style salad mixes at your supermarket - their peppery, exotic character is great with this full-flavored steak and dressing. Look for fiber- and protein-rich edamame (green soybeans) in the frozen vegetables section of your supermarket. The roasted-nut and citrus flavors of the easy dressing go well with Asian-style salads or meals; try drizzling it on grilled shrimp or chicken breast, too. From EatingWell magazine, March/April 2007, and The EatingWell Diet (2007).
My Private Note
3-cup s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces top round steaks, 3/4 inch thick, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups mixed asian greens or 4 cups mesclun
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1/3 cup shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/4 cup sesame tamari vinaigrette (recipe follows)
SESAME TAMARI VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS
- 1Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
- 2Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat. Add the steak and cook about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- 3Let rest for (at least 5) minutes before slicing.
- 4Combine greens, snow peas, bell pepper, cabbage, cilantro, edamame and vinaigrette in a large bowl. Toss to coat. Divide between 2 plates.
- 5Top with the steak.
- 6NOTE 1: Chicken Variation Substitute 8 ounces chicken tenders for the steak. Cook through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 7NOTE 2: Shrimp Variation Substitute 8 ounces cooked, peeled shrimp for the steak (omit Step 1).
- 8DIETARY EXCHANGES: 3 vegetable, 4 lean meat (1 cabrohydrate serving).
- 9SESAME TAMARI VINAIGRETTE DIRECTIONS:.
- 10Whisk orange juice, vinegar, tamari, oil, honey and ginger in a small bowl until the honey is incorporated. Transfer to a jar and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seared Steak Salad With Edamame & Cilantro (With Variations)
Serving Size: 1 (581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.6
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 1056.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 34.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: