Recipe by GaylaJ
Healthy, tasty and very, very quick! Slice the garlic as uniformly as possible or you will find yourself trying to pick the thinner slices out to keep them from burning while waiting for the thicker ones to finish up. The fried garlic chips are really good and I have a problem not eating them all before they even make it on the spinach. :) -adapted from License to Grill
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 20 ounces spinach, trimmed, well washed, and dried
- 1 lemon, halved
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1/4 cup olive oil in a small saute' pan, add the garlic slices and bring to a simmer over medium heat; fry the chips until golden brown (7-10 minutes, be very careful not to burn them), then use a slotted spoon to remove and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Pour the oil left in the small pan into a very large saute' pan, add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and heat over high heat until almost smoking hot.
- Add the spinach and cook, stirring and tossing as fast as you can, for about a minute-- you must stir QUICKLY or the spinach will become too wilted in a very short time; the spinach should turn bright green and wilt slightly.
- Remove the spinach from the heat, squeeze lemon over the top, and add a generous pinch of red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Toss well and garnish with the fried garlic chips.