Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love the taste of Patak's Lime Pickle and in searching for ways to use it I found this recipe at livingmagazine.com. I have not tried it yet - will post when I do - but I am pretty sure that I will love it.
- flat leaf parsley
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon capers packed in salt, rinsed
- 10 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons indian lime pickle
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g fine semolina (Cream of Wheat)
- 4 red snapper fillets
- 40 g butter
- boiled new potato, to serve
- green salad, to serve
- Combine the parsley, anchovies, capers, mint, lime pickle and 4 tbsp of olive oil in a food processor, until a thick sauce is formed. Spoon into a serving bowl and set to one side.
- Put the semolina into a shallow bowl and season with sea salt and pepper. Rinse the snapper fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Dip each fillet in the seasoned semolina and gently press to coat well on both sides.
- Heat the butter and remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the snapper fillets for 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly golden. Put them on a baking tray lined with tin foil and bake for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve with the lime pickle sauce, and boiled new potatoes and a green salad.