Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs 23 mins
- 12 ounces uncooked large shrimp, peeled,deveined
- 6 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons minced, seeded jalapeno chiles
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 1 cup diced plum tomato
- 3 tablespoons diced avocados
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 cups shredded red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced seeded peeled cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Mix shrimp, 2 teaspoons oil, jalapeno, garlic and cumin in bowl.
- Chill at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Brush tortillas on each side with 1/2 teaspoon oil.
- Place on nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake until tortillas are crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix tomatoes, avocado and chopped cilantro in small bowl.
- Season salsa with salt and pepper.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl; toss together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add shrimp mixture; saute until just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Divide salad among tortillas.
- Top with shrimp.
- Spoon salsa atop each.
If you like Mexican food, this is a good recipe. I used 1 cup of the tiny salad shrimp instead of large shrimp, because this is how I had it served to me in a restaraunt. I didn't use as much cilantro (1/4 cup), and used 2 avocados. I just happened to find Chipotle flavored Tostadas and served the shrimp and avocado salsa on those. The taste is "supremo!"