Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
As published in Raley's Something Extra magazine, Fall 2005 edition.
- 1 ahi tuna steak
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 tablespoon peanut oil
- sliced green onion
- 1 lime wedge
- Rinse tuna steak and pat dry.
- Combine sesame seeds, wasabi powder, soy sauce, honey and sesame oil in a shallow pan. Add steak, turning to coat both sides. Let marinate for 10 minutes, then turn and marinate for 10 minutes more.
- Heat peanut oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steak to desired doneness, about 2 minutes per side for a nice sear on the outside and a rare middle or 3 minutes for medium-rare.
- Top with a sprinkle of green onions, if desired, and a squeeze of lime.
Fantastic ahi, and so easy to do. I served it with mashed potatoes and a veggie.
Easy and delicious.
Easy, easy, easy...did I mention how easy this is? Great flavor and oh so quick, only 4 minutes after the set-aside marinate time.