Recipe by Barb G.
Delicious seared tuna with an orange glaze that makes it more delicious. The Recipe comes from The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 (4 ounce) fresh tuna steaks, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- On a large plate, combine flour, salt, pepper, and sesame seeds; Dredge each tuna steak in flour-sesame mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil, when oil is hot, add the tuna steaks and sauté on both sides for a total of 10 minutes (less if you want tuna a bit more pink in the center); Remove the tuna from skillet and keep warm.
- Wipe the skillet clean and add the glaze ingredients, Bring to a boil over high heat until the mixture thickens: Serve the glaze with the cooked tuna: Garnish with minced green onions, Enjoy.