Top Review by Dominick & Amanda
I did not want to rate this recipe because I made so many changes. I omitted the bean sprouts and used half a yellow bell pepper and half a red one. I also added corn starch to the sesame seeds before coating the tofu. This dish came out fantastic! I sauteed the garlic, ginger, and bell peppers in the leftover oil (which I used half sesame and half extra-virgin olive oil for) then added the rice vinegar and I added soy sauce at this point as well. I served this over white rice with steamed broccoli on the side. It was delicious!!!
- 1 1⁄3 cups green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups yellow bell peppers, thinly-sliced
- 1 1⁄3 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 20 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into 12 inch thick slices, patted dry
- 8 tablespoons roasted garlic oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced peeled
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chopped green onions, sliced bell pepper and bean sprouts in a medium bowl.
- Place vegetables on plates.
- Place sesame seeds in a small plate.
- Dredge tofu slices in sesame seeds to coat on all sides.
- Heat 2 tablespoons roasted garlic oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add tofu and cook until rich golden brown for about 3 minutes per side.
- Divide on plates.
- Add remaining garlic oil to skillet.
- Add minced ginger; Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add rice vinegar and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Drizzle tofu and vegetables with pan sauce.