Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Posted in response to a request. This is a beautiful and simple way to serve one of the tastiest fish around.. enjoy!
- In a shallow dish, combine the two types of sesame seeds and stir to mix.
- Season the tuna with salt and pepper and dredge in the sesame seeds, coating the tuna evenly.
- In a non stick pan, warm the oil until smoking, arrange the tuna in the pan (making sure not to overcrowd) and cook until the white sesame seeds start to turn golden underneath (around 1 minute).
- Carefully turn the tuna over and cook for about another minute.
- Transfer the tuna to a cutting board and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Serve immediately.
Love this recipe, toasted the sesame seeds and ate it over marinated baby octopus and marinated seaweed. Topped with hiss ho spicy sauce. To die for!
Cook for longer than 10 sec on each side, and it's NOT seared.
Awesome! Just what I was looking for. I'm new to the fish world and had something like this in a restaurant. I sliced mine paper thin and put it on a bed of greens with mandarin oranges, pecans, red bell pepper and a ginger dressing. OMG!