Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Posted in response to a request. This is a beautiful and simple way to serve one of the tastiest fish around.. enjoy!
- In a shallow dish, combine the two types of sesame seeds and stir to mix.
- Season the tuna with salt and pepper and dredge in the sesame seeds, coating the tuna evenly.
- In a non stick pan, warm the oil until smoking, arrange the tuna in the pan (making sure not to overcrowd) and cook until the white sesame seeds start to turn golden underneath (around 1 minute).
- Carefully turn the tuna over and cook for about another minute.
- Transfer the tuna to a cutting board and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Serve immediately.
Awesome! Just what I was looking for. I'm new to the fish world and had something like this in a restaurant. I sliced mine paper thin and put it on a bed of greens with mandarin oranges, pecans, red bell pepper and a ginger dressing. OMG!
Made this tonight for dinner and it was really delicious! Very quick and easy too. Thanks, I would definitely make this again!
I am a bachelor with limited cooking experience. I love sesame crusted tuna when I dine out, so thought I'd give this recipe a try. This is a very simple recipe to prepare and the results were great! The tuna turned out perfectly and the flavor from the roasted sesame seeds was great! I think the only thing that could have improved the result would be to add a small amount of some sauce. Something wasabi or ginger based would be an excellent match.