Posted in response to a request. This is a beautiful and simple way to serve one of the tastiest fish around.. enjoy!
- In a shallow dish, combine the two types of sesame seeds and stir to mix.
- Season the tuna with salt and pepper and dredge in the sesame seeds, coating the tuna evenly.
- In a non stick pan, warm the oil until smoking, arrange the tuna in the pan (making sure not to overcrowd) and cook until the white sesame seeds start to turn golden underneath (around 1 minute).
- Carefully turn the tuna over and cook for about another minute.
- Transfer the tuna to a cutting board and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Serve immediately.