Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
taken from here http://conversationalmandarin.com/article/delicious-seafood-recipes.html so i could save it all into the one spot. edit. have now tested and is very yummy. Could use a touch of chili or paprika to add some spice, will try that next time.
- 10 sea scallops (tendon removed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 mandarin oranges (1 peeled and divided into slices, the other to juice as per below)
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots (approx 2-inchtubes")
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons mandarin juice
- 4 tablespoons sweet vermouth
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- 1 pinch parsley
- 1 wedge lemon
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- Start on the rice, prepare as standard.
- Heat up olive oil in medium sauté pan at a medium flame.
- Sear scallops on both sides until lightly browned.
- Add your chopped onions, garlic & mandarin oranges and stir while cooking for 1 ½ minutes.
- Then add sweet vermouth and reduce to a low flame.
- Add mandarin juice, shallots, and wedge of lemon and let stand for 1 minute.
- Add cold butter and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add a touch of Salt, Pepper and Parsley to taste.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Yummy good. I towel dried the scallops very well. Then I did a very light coat of flour salt pepper and a pinch of sugar for more of a crispness. If you can find dry scallops no need for the flour. I did brown the scallops removed them to make the sauce the added them back to the sauce just to warm. Didn`t want to overcook them.
I did use fresh clemintines, white wine in place of the vermouth. I did add the lemon but see no need for it. And the directions # 6
Add mandarin juice, green onions, and wedge of lemon and let stand for 1 minute. No Green onions in the ingredients. Between the onion and scallots no need for the green onions.
Cheers! made for the Lively Lemon Lovelies of ZWT #8
if you like sweet and sour shrimp i think you will like this .i used canned manderin oranges and blintzed some up in blender. made a great sauce for the rice. made this for one. used little scallops and just poached them in the juice it was fast . made this with Fiesta-Style Scallops a yin and yang kinda look made for zaar world tour 8