Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I just found out that I love scallops. I had them a couple of times and wasn't sold on them . I tried this recipe and now I love them! I didn't use wine ( had none Sprinkled with a little lemon instead.
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarsley ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Rinse scallops and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter or margarine and the garlic; cook and stir until butter is melted.
- Dredge scallops in flour mixture, add to skillet and cook, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes or until scallops turn opaque.
- Remove scallops and add wine to skillet and stir for l minute.
- Drizzle wine mixture over scallops and serve.
This was great! Simple and good. Used 1/2 butter, 1/2 olive oil, a pinch of cayanne peppper in seasoned flour. added juice of 1/2 lemon at the end in the sauce. We'll have this again.
I used sweet mascato, too floral in the finish, next time I will use Sauv Blanc or Pino Grigio.
excellent and simple. I have made this recipe on half a dozen occasions and vary it with adding pesto, stir fried tomatoes and even serving the scallops in a tortilla. LOVE IT!. I make this for myself at least once a week